The greatest ministry of our church is the Epaphras ministry. This is our prayer ministry. Epaphras was a fellow labourer at the church. He was one of the members, who laboured dilligently in prayer for those at the church. The Bible shows us that his prayers helped others to stand. The Epaphras Ministry is built on prayer so others will be able to stand.
We have two main parts of the Epaphras Praying Ministry:
1) Epaphras Praying Partners
Praying Partners is one of the most powerful ways to impact our church. Everyday the Praying Partners call each other on the phone and spend a few moments agreeing in one accord in prayer.
- A new prayer partner every month
- Everyday in contact with one another and pray by way of phone call.
- Prayer is around 30 seconds to a minute on the phone. Just a quick good day, prayer request if one is on your heart, pray, and have a great day.
- Time to pray is decided between partners. It could be in the morning at 7am, or the afternoon at 4pm. Whatever the time, this will be your time every day. Of course, you and your partner can adjust, but you try and keep a schedule of it.
- How to pray is decided between partners. Either you both pray a quick prayer, or you can swap by one doing the prayer one day, and the next day the other partner.
2) Epaphras Praying Team
Praying Team truly prepares hearts and the atmosphere of the worship service. They meet together before the service and seek the LORD to bless with HIS Power and Presence all parts of the service. There is a special plea as they meet for the preaching time of GOD'S Word. As the song writer said, "All is vain unless the SPIRIT of the HOLY ONE comes down."
- Church doors will be open at 12:20pm.
- Go to the designated prayer room.
- Prayer meeting will start at 12:30pm.
- There will be a moderator in there leading the prayer meeting.
- Prayer Meeting will be over around 12:45pm.
The Prayer Team will also be on personal call for our pastor. There are times where our pastor is preaching at another church or special meeting, and they will seek the LORD during that time as he stands in GOD'S stead to preach.